A guide to being an ally for friends and family of LGBT*QIA individuals.
Online ebook available [HERE] if you would like to share with others but do not wish to link to your tumblr. (Also, it’s fun to turn the pages.)
Original size 20x24” posters available for educational purposes. Contact me directly for files.
A very simple parental transgender manual! Some of you asked for it, so here you go.
Human Sexuality is Complicated(Video): dft.ba/-4sbA
Trans 101(Video): dft.ba/-1z9f
Advice for Parents of Trans Kids(Video): dft.ba/-4K0E
Enjoy and share as you see fit!
Charlie: Top Surgery Advice
I’m 10 days post-op with Dr. Garramone and here are some things I’ve thought about while recovering. This all comes from my experience, so it’ll always vary from person to person. I hope this helps someone. There will always be more to add to this, but here’s what I can think of…
- cis person: I want implants.
- doctor & general public: okay!
- cis person: I want a chest reduction.
- doctor & general public: okay!
- trans* person: I want top surgery.
- doctor & general public: Are you SURE? Because thats like a huge change and you can't ever ever ever go back and I mean are you even sure you're trans*? This is probably just a phase and then you will regret it your whole life. You need therapy. You should get a psychological evaluation. Do you even know how it will effect your life? Thats a lot of money why don't you spend it on something else? You should just be happy with the body you are in. Why would you want to change it? Like, I bet you're not really trans*. This is a really serious decision and I personally think you shouldn't do it. Its like, life changing.
“Saint Harridan makes you look like you.
On your Best Day. On your Boldest Day.
We make high quality suits that make heads turn. We believe in staking a claim.
If you feel right in a suit, wear one.
Get up. Suit up. Show up.”
Incase you hadn’t heard, there is a new line of designer clothing made for Transmen and/or female bodied people who dig suits. Check them out, maybe sign up to be a model in your local major city!
12. Dez. 2012 - Therapy and such.
So my therapist made me do a Personality Profiler test, which was all very insightful but also scary at the same time. I do know these things about me but it was just weird that they were sort of “confirmed”. I decided to post them just because for myself really and I’m working on ways to better myself as a person anyhow. There were much more than what I wrote down so I chose to post only those that my therapist and I talked about because I see truth in them. I did get much more than just these few statements of course but I will not re write everything, this is just for me anyways.
Want to learn more about being trans*? Click here!
November 20th is Transgender Remembrance day and this week is Trans Awareness week.
I wish I could crawl out of my skin, leave it behind and never look back. I am still trying to find the zipper on my body that can release me from this prison made of flesh. What if I could cut myself open, from my chin down between my breasts right over my navel and further down. Would I be able to slip out of my meat suit as easily as I would out of a jacket? I am tempted to try. If only I could peal back every layer, as if I was an onion, and toss it in the trash where it belongs. But I am not a reptile, I can’t shed myself from this skin. And so I deal and I try to make this cluster of cells my home and live with it. Because that’s really all I can do.